Mitch Rubman's Coffee Cup Club

Mitch Rubman's Coffee Cup Club
Night Coffee

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Ocasio-Cortez delivers emotional floor speech slamming Rep. Yoho's 'abusive language'

Rep Ocasio-Cortez said she was walking up the steps of the U.S. Capitol when Yoho, who was walking with Rep. Roger Williams, R-Texas, "suddenly turned a corner" and "accosted me."

"Rep. Yoho put his finger in my face," she recalled. "He called me disgusting. He called me crazy. He called me out of my mind. And he called me dangerous. And then he took a few more steps, and after I had recognized his comments as rude, he walked away and said, 'I'm rude? You're calling me rude?'"

Yoho’s rant may have been triggered by comments Ocasio-Cortez made during a virtual town hall about a recent spike in crime in New York City.
@AOC
: "I do not need Rep. Yoho to apologize to me. Clearly, he does not want to. Clearly, when given the opportunity he will not & I will not stay up late at night waiting for an apology from a man who has no remorse over calling women & using abusive language towards women."


Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., speaks on the House floor Thursday. (Reuters TV)"I want to thank him for showing the world that you can be a powerful man, and accost women," Ocasio-Cortez said. "You can have daughters and accost women, without remorse, you can be married and accost women. You can take photos and project an image to the world of being a family man and accost women without remorse and with a sense of impunity. It happens every day in this country. It happened here on the steps of our nation's Capitol."

No comments:

Post a Comment